APHetalia: World War Five!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

APHetalia: World War Five!

We are the world. We speak, to be heard.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

.: WWV News Box :.

Welcome, new and old members. - Admin Space
Old members, you have 5 days to reclaim your canons. - Admin Space
USE ONLY ONE ACCOUNT.

Crina Gabor/Romania

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Romania

Romania

Cupcakes : 3

Crina Gabor/Romania Empty
PostSubject: Crina Gabor/Romania   Crina Gabor/Romania I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 12:52 pm

Romania

Height: 5'6" (170 cm)
Capital: Bucharest
Government: Semi-presidential republic
Official Language: Romanian
Currency: Romanian leu

Alo, I'm Crina Gabor and if my name doesn't make it obvious, I'm a girl. I represent the country of Romania, previously Wallachia. I'm the 9th largest country in the EU by area, but I'm not fat! I've been around for quite awhile and my history shows it. You want to hear about it? It's quite long, but alright.

The Dacians, a branch of the Thracians, first found me around 440BCE. Dacia acted as my mother until she was conquered by the Roman Empire under Trajan in the aftermath of Domitian's Dacian War; I was then called the province of Roman Dacia. Father Rome had alot of problems with others wanting me for themselves during the 3rd century, he left me around 271 AD; I was the first province to be abandoned. After Father left me, alot of people came to take from me; the Goths, Huns, Gepids, Avars, Bulgars, Pechenegs and the Cumans.
The Middle Ages came, people started calling me Wallachia then. With my younger brother and me many small local states with varying degrees of independence developed, but only in the 14th century did larger principalities emerge to fight the threat of the Ottoman Empire. My brothers and me were under Ottoman suzerainty, preserving partial-full internal autonomy until middle of the 19th century.
In 1600, my brothers and I were ruled by my prince Michael the Brave, but he was killed after a year by Austrian soldiers. After his death, my little brother and I lost our independence in the 18th century. In 1718, the Habsburgs' Austrian empire took Oltenia, which was returned in 1739.

There were uprisings in 1821 and more in 1848, around this time I also got my flag. After the failed 1848 Revolution, the Great Powers didn't support my desire to officially unite as a single state, which forced me to fight alone against the Ottomans. My little brother and I created a personal union, without big brother Transylvania. By doing this, the upper class and the aristocracy remained mainly Hungarian and enjoyed strong support from Austria, and the establishment of the Austro-Hungarian Dual Monarchy in 1867 kept the Hungarians firmly in control even in the parts of Transylvania where Romanians constituted a local majority. During the Russo-Turkish War I fought on the Russian side, and in the Treaty of San Stefano and the Treaty of Berlin, I was recognized as an independent state by the Ottoman Empire and the Great Powers. In return, I give three southern districts of Bessarabia to Russia and got Dobruja. 1878-1914 was a period of stability and progress for me. During the Second Balkan War, I joined Greece, Serbia, Montenegro and Turkey against Bulgaria, and in the peace Treaty of Bucharest (1913) I got Southern Dobrudja.

When WW1 broke out, I declared neutrality; Though two years later, under pressure from the Allies(especially France, desperate to open a new front), I joined the Allies and declared war on Austria-Hungary. This ended in disaster for me as the Central Powers conquered and defeated my army within months. Throughout all this though, I kept my little brother. When the Russian Empire and Austria-Hungary collapsed, Bessarabia, Bukovina and Transylvania proclaimed unions with me in 1918. Hungary renounced all claims over Transylvania.
During WW2, I tried again to be neutral, but a got a Soviet ultimatum with the threat of invasion. So under Soviet and Nazi pressure, I left Bessarabia as well from northern Bukovina to avoid war. This, in combination with other factors, prompted the government to join the Axis. Thereafter, southern Dobruja was ceded to Bulgaria, while Hungary received Northern Transylvania as result of an Axis arbitration.

During the war, I was the most important source of oil for Nazi Germany, which attracted multiple bombing raids by the Allies. By means of the Axis invasion of the Soviet Union, I recovered Bessarabia and northern Bukovina from the Soviet Russia. In 1944, I changed sides and joined the Allies. But my role in the defeat of Nazi Germany was not recognized by the Paris Peace Conference of 1947, the my army had suffered 170,000 casualties after switching sides.

While Russia occupied my land, he terrorized my people and took alot of my natural resources. Close ties with the Arab countries (and the PLO) allowed me to play a key role in the Israel–Egypt and Israel–PLO peace processes. As my people's dislike for the Communist Part, protests became violent very fast. Since then there have been a few democratic changes of government, Băsescu was narrowly re-elected in 2009. During the 2000s, I enjoyed one of the highest economic growth rates in Europe and was referred to as "the Tiger of Eastern Europe." Internal poverty was been successfully reduced and a functional democracy has been established. I've officially agreed to become one with Russia!

Appearance:
Here, have a picture http://raywolf666.deviantart.com/art/Crina-Gabor-Romania-209620346

Personality:
It's hard to describe myself, I'm abit of everything I guess. I'm normally happy, I do have a tendency to be harsh or to snap (especially at Alfred's stupid ideas Razz )

Foreign Relations:
Joined NATO on 29 March 2004
Joined EU on 1 January 2007
Joined the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank in 1972
Founding member of the World Trade Organization
Declared public support for Turkey, Croatia and Moldova joining the European Union
Developed strong relations with Hungary; though we fight alot.
May 2009, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Clinton declared that "Romania is one of the most trustworthy and respectable partners of the USA"
Interested in Moldovan affairs and has officially rejected the Molotov-Ribbentrop Pact

Arts:
Alot of my people studied in France, Italy and Germany; My people looked to France for alot.

Relationships:
France:
Even though he had me join WW1, he's like a brother to me

Italy & Romano:
They care about me but are also afraid of me because of the Roma

England:
I'm slightly angry at him but I can tell he's a decent person; though his food is horrifying pale

Germany:
I'm angry at him and throw small wads of paper at him during meetings Twisted Evil

Hungary:
Although she's put me through alot and we fight all the time, I respect her.

Moldova:
He's my little brother, enough said

Last edited by Romania on Mon Jun 13, 2011 11:05 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
`
Cupcake Monster.

Cupcakes : 546

Crina Gabor/Romania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Crina Gabor/Romania   Crina Gabor/Romania I_icon_minitimeFri May 20, 2011 1:01 pm

ACCEPTED. 8D
Back to top Go down
https://aph-wwv.rpg-board.net

Crina Gabor/Romania
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
APHetalia: World War Five! :: General. :: Character Information. :: Original Character Profiles-
Jump to: